My name is Lizzie, I'm 10 years old and in the 4th grade.
I like origami and drawing, and littlest pet shop. I love Hello Kitty too.
I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My little sister Becca gets her finger poked sometimes to make sure her sugar level is ok. My mommy has some friends whose kids are sick with diabetes, and I wanted to do something to help, so my mommy and I came up with the Cranes 4 a Cure. I want to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. My sister is lucky, she doesn't have diabetes, but a lot of kids do, and it isn't fair. Anyone can get juvenile diabetes, you don't have to have a family history. I think they need to find a cure fast so the kids who have it can be needle free, I don't like needles.

So I guess you want to know what Cranes 4 a Cure is.
It is said that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish. Sometimes relatives or friends fold the cranes for someone who has an illness in hopes for recovery or a long life.

My goal is to raise $1,000.00. For every dollar I raise, I am going to make an origami crane and put the name of the person who sent me that dollar on the wing. Then I am going to string all the cranes together and give it to the juvenile diabetes foundation with all the money I raise. Then my wish will be to find a cure. Please help me help those kids with this bad disease. My mommy says she will take a picture of every crane I make and post it here for everyone to see. For more information, please email my mommy, her name is Jenny. A dollar isn't a lot, but it can make a difference. I hope to get some pictures of kids you can help soon.
Thank you.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Video



Daddy had to send off his camera to get fixed, so he is using mommy's. (they are wedding photographers). We haven't been able to get any pictures taken, but I promise I will soon. I have a lot of cranes to post. Wouldn't it be so cool if Nick Jonas sent me a picture for my cranes? I wish he would, I asked mommy to see if he would.
Since I couldn't post any pictures, I helped mommy put a slideshow together of what we have done so far (all of you helped!) so this is for you too.
I hope we find a cure soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment