My name is Lizzie, I'm 10 years old and in the 4th grade.
I like origami and drawing, and littlest pet shop. I love Hello Kitty too.
I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My little sister Becca gets her finger poked sometimes to make sure her sugar level is ok. My mommy has some friends whose kids are sick with diabetes, and I wanted to do something to help, so my mommy and I came up with the Cranes 4 a Cure. I want to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. My sister is lucky, she doesn't have diabetes, but a lot of kids do, and it isn't fair. Anyone can get juvenile diabetes, you don't have to have a family history. I think they need to find a cure fast so the kids who have it can be needle free, I don't like needles.

So I guess you want to know what Cranes 4 a Cure is.
It is said that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish. Sometimes relatives or friends fold the cranes for someone who has an illness in hopes for recovery or a long life.

My goal is to raise $1,000.00. For every dollar I raise, I am going to make an origami crane and put the name of the person who sent me that dollar on the wing. Then I am going to string all the cranes together and give it to the juvenile diabetes foundation with all the money I raise. Then my wish will be to find a cure. Please help me help those kids with this bad disease. My mommy says she will take a picture of every crane I make and post it here for everyone to see. For more information, please email my mommy, her name is Jenny. A dollar isn't a lot, but it can make a difference. I hope to get some pictures of kids you can help soon.
Thank you.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cranes 712-732

 Cranes 712-717 are all Vicki
 Cranes 718-722 are Penny, Elizabeth
Shane, Ethan and Shane
Cranes 723-732 are Kathleen(2) Karleen (3) Cameron, Katrina, Amelia, Stephanie and Penny.
Sorry I wasn't posting for awhile.  I couldn't find my box of paper.  My mommy is ordering me some more paper too.  I should be caught up real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment